Friday, December 18, 2009

I Will Not Forget You!


Dimly lit was the room in which I stood.



The portrait was etched electronically on a plastic credit card


She was a beautiful little girl, one of so many, one of millions.



And then it hit.



I had to separate myself from myself

As emotions from deep within began to swell


Emotions flooding as I held back the tears.

Nearly unable to do so.



She was a princess, a true and genuine beautiful little princess


With a smile so pure and full of life.



She looked like my daughter, that was what struck me like a bolt of lightening and caused me to quiver in the depths of my being.



If she was from Poland, I literally said to myself…I will lose it.

There will be no holding back.



Reality and fantasy danced and intertwined in some strange divine connection.



She looked like my daughter, if she was born in the land of my people I will lose it.



And then the truth presented itself, it was as I had feared.



She was from Poland.



She was among the missing.



She was among the brutalized, dehumanized, tortured and beaten.



She was among those many children that were robbed of life.



She was one of many.



Reva Grabo,

I now know what weeping is.

It is being filled with tears, filled completely

and holding them back.

At those moments that they break through; whether lightly or in a flood,

it is in this moment, this moment itself,


that weeping finds its name.



Reva Grabo

I have wept for you!



And I will carry you forever in my heart.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very vivid and powerful. I share your sorrow.