Saturday, July 4, 2009

In Search of Rhyme and Rhythm


The majestic image of a lion…peaceful and serene

Held still by the artist and his skillful touch

A painting on the canvas I

Etched in flesh upon my chest

…the ink is forever a part of me.


The beauty of a small child…inquisitive and loving

Myself, a child not long ago

The threads woven into lives beyond my own

So proud I step through fatherhood

…immortality is forever a part of me.


The thoughts within my mind...content to flow unnoticed

Dance before my waking eyes and bravely face translation

Though some find lives in shades of black

Few dine amongst my greatest treasures

…the banquet is forever a part of me.


The crossroads I have stood upon...firm feet amidst conviction

To clothe the journey made in haste

The compass holds steady the map to navigate tomorrow

So I alone may own the road I travel on

…each footstep forever a part of me.

No comments: