Thursday, July 22, 2010

Fractured and Disenfranchised


I have never been a fan of pain!  

Ouch is one of my least favorite words!

If you have the ability to walk, run, jump, dance, prance or chase romance; consider yourself one of the lucky ones!

I got a cortisone shot just the other day and all I can say is I think I will soon be able to put the vicodin away.  I have been functioning at varying levels below 30% for the past four months.  Not because of pain medication but because of true, real, and dehabilitating pain.  

And yes, there have been countless times in which my baby boy hid my crutches and then behaved like a mad fool less than five feet away from me.  Why?

I’ll tell you why!  I could not catch him.  The joy of teasing daddy!  Crime without punishment! The look on my face as he taunted and teased me mere feet away!

He’s not quite two and little does he know…I’ll be catching him soon.

The enforcer is going to be back on his feet.

Remember, if you are able-bodied you are blessed.  Get up off of your butt and enjoy life!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OUCH! Ouch, ouch ouch! .... OUCH! That picture has been seared into my brain.