Thursday, January 14, 2010

LIFE: My Favorite Reality Show

Real life is supposedly much better than television, but not necessarily cable and certainly not a satellite dish.



What is the future of a society in which multi-media not only influences but dictates our cultural values and morals?


Forgotten modes of entertainment such as human interaction, walking, thinking, telling stories, original thoughts; well they still occur but their regularity and duration as a worldwide average is dwindling.


As a society, we used to spend most of our waking lives glued to the television set. Now we split our waking time between the TV and the internet.



Technology is wonderful, but not at the cost of human awareness and compassion.



Wait a minute, can’t think about these things right now. There’s a show on right now with a bunch of reality TV stars fighting to fall in love with somebody’s money…and they all have cute nicknames…and its really truly happening in front of my eyes…unedited and uncensored.



Wait another minute, I’m not falling for this one hour commercial. I’m gonna go old school and open me up a book. One without pictures.



What should I read?


Maybe I should dust off the cobwebs first!


2 comments:

Anthony Cole said...

Nice blog. life is always the best television coz in real life we don't know when will be the climax. try to visit my site for more real reality show Wouldn't It Be Incredible To Have The Formula to Allow You to Harness A Higher Power? Try to visit the site
href="http://bit.ly/NkKuG">http://bit.ly/NkKuG%3c%3c

lena said...

I do not think reality shows are real life, they only manage to show the real nature of human beings in the circumstances they otherwise might not have gotten into.