Saturday, January 16, 2010

Randoliciousness

Spoketh

the

Mountain: “How many lives have you lived?”



Four

Legged

Creature: “I’m on my seventh” purred the tired old cat.



Spoketh

the

Mountain

(Again): “How many lives have you lived?”



Sad Old

Traveller: “I have yet to live” hissed the blind man, shooting at the world.



Spoketh

the

Mountain

(One Last Time): “How many lives have you lived?”



Handsome

Young Man: “I’m on my first life” said I, with a sense of pride.


“The first dozen chapters, or so, had me at the edge of my seat.”



“This chapter, however, is nice and slow. It has a steady, sensible pace.”




Such is the pace when you get to be my age.


Burning the candle on both ends; trying to juggle love and loneliness; figuring out where to bury the bodies; these activities take their toll.



Now it’s time to count my blessings, relishing the idea that in most states the statute of limitations has expired.



Misdemeanors, that’s all I’ve ever been guilty of.


Truly.



p.s. What color socks are you wearing?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The right one is green, the left one is blue...