Saturday, June 13, 2009

Acmena Lilly Pily

I would like to take a long dip inside the Acmena Lilly Pily.

You are lost. I am not.

I have been thinking, and then analyzing, and then attempting to un-think thoughts that are deep rooted in the fiber of the American experience, or my experience, or a combination of both.

Pedagogical unraveling still seems to follow traditional paradigms.

I would like to quick shift my paradigm and then freeze frame it in time so I can take a good look at things from an entirely new perspective.

Step inside of my world for a moment and take for instance a stab at “thinking outside of the box.” Wow, not an entirely novice gesture, but an admirable and noble pursuit. But wait. In thinking outside of the box, thinking creatively, thinking with bold new brush strokes, there is really nothing new but a slight shift of perspective.

Don’t you get it???? Your thinking is still in direct relation to "the box." And if you want to change the world, you can not change it by attempting to change it, even if you attempt a radical shift in direct relation to the thing you are attempting to change.

You are a product of "the box!" Fight it, flee it, acknowledge it and free it. The “box” still remains.

Even if you attempt to destroy or burn the box, you are still acting in direct relation to it. Can you escape?...follow me, I think I may have found a way...

Let’s go swimming in the sweet juice of the Acmena Lilly Pily.

Note: Acmena Lilly Pily just came into existence in my world as I began to write these words. It is something that I will assume to be completely real. It is an exotic Australian fruit that is in the form of a berry. It is not poisonous. I have never been to Australia nor have I tasted this fruit. Therefore…instead of thinking outside of “the box," instead of trying to ignore the existence of “the box," I will go swimming in the rare fruit of a berry that comes from an island I have never been to and hopefully “the box” will just go away.

It is worth a try

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good site!