Saturday, August 29, 2009

Toe-Tapping Jugglers Unite

My ability to juggle seems to have hit an all time low, but I’m-a-tryin!

I guess it’s really all about being able to get psyched for the show, ready for the big game, feet in the stirrups, and all that jazz. I just need a minute, a deep breath, a heavy sigh, and about a teaspoon of gratitude…


So even though my make-up seems to be a little flaking and the dreams within my heart are slightly aching, I walk the mile and dress in style, and wouldn’t you know it that on my face the cheesy smile…still stays on!


Perhaps Freddy Mercury said it best when he passionately concluded:
I'll top the bill!
I'll overkill!
I have to find the will to carry on!

On with the,
On with the show!
The Show must go on.
His musical legacy lives on, but of course he died not long after singing these words.
Se la vie, carpe diem, esprit de corps, 
vini vidi vicci, 
and ibbity bibbity bippity bop!

I would bargain for a few extra hours in the day but I suppose working double time will have to suffice.

Fortunately there are very few challenges in life that a nap is unable to remedy. So armed with a teddy bear, a body pillow, and a cup of tea I tell myself that soon enough victory will be mine. But victory will have to wait until after my nap.

If only I were a cobbler and the elves were on their way...where is Waldo when you need him?

No comments: